High Performance Incentive Program (HPIP)
UPDATE – PLEASE READ!
HPIP applications received on or after October 1, 2016 will require a non-refundable application fee per worksite location to be submitted with the application.
The fee schedule per location is as follows:
1) First time certifications - $750; or
2) Re-certifications - $250; or
3) One page carry-forward only - $0.
The fee can be paid by Credit Card, Debit Card, or ACH online (click here to make an online payment); or by mailing a paper check to the Kansas Department of Commerce (click here to download the Paper Check Fee Form). Please note, online payments are preferred.
*A 2.5% service fee will be applied to online Credit and Debit Card payments (2.5% of the total charge)
*A $1.50 service fee will be applied to online ACH payments
BenefitsHPIP offers employers four potential benefits:
- A 10 percent income tax credit for eligible capital investment that exceeds $50,000 ($1M in five metro counties) at a company’s facility, with a carry-forward that can be used in any of the next 16 years in which the qualified facility re-qualifies for HPIP.
- A sales tax exemption to use in conjunction with the company’s eligible capital investment at its qualified facility.
- A training tax credit of up to $50,000.
- Priority consideration for access to other business assistance programs.
- HPIP Important First Step: Project Description
- HPIP Guidelines and Application
- Tax Credit Carry-Forward Application
- HPIP Rules and Regulations