Business Appreciation Month Awards
Business Appreciation Month serves as a statewide tribute to Kansas businesses for their contributions to our state. The awards program takes place each spring and invites individuals and organizations to nominate the proud Kansas businesses that contribute jobs and support their local communities. Finalists are recognized at the Team Kansas awards ceremony in June, with the top nominee receiving the Governor's Award of Excellence which is the top award given to a business by the state of Kansas.
Congratulations to all nominees! Click here to view the news release with the list of 2015 finalists, regional winners and merit award recipients. The winner of the Governor's Award of Excellence will be announced at the Team Kansas Awards Banquet on June 25 at Johnson County Community College.
The intent of the program is to recognize Kansas businesses for their contributions to the local and state economy. Kansas businesses continue to be the foundation of our economy, communities and overall quality of life, and Business Appreciation Month is the state's way of recognizing Kansas businesses for all they do to keep Kansas strong.
The first step of the process is for businesses to be nominated for the award. Chambers of commerce, economic development organizations, small business development centers, organizations and individuals are encouraged to nominate companies for the awards program. Companies may also nominate themselves.
Nominations are accepted through late March and evaluated during the month of April with regional winners in the manufacturing/distribution, service, retail and hospital/non-profit categories selected. In May, the overall finalists give a presentation about their company and community involvement to the panel of judges. The recipient of the Governor's Award of Excellence is then announced in June at the Team Kansas awards ceremony.
Award qualifications include:
- Business expansion in Kansas
- Successful employee retention and recruitment practices
- Employee training/educational programs
- Capital investment in Kansas
- Support of local activities including school activities, community events, economic development and leadership programs
If you have any questions regarding the Business Appreciation Month program, please contact Sarah Heinen at or (785) 296-3805.
J-A-G Construction - Dodge City
- 2014: Galaxy Technologies - Winfield
- 2013: B & W Trailer Hitches - Humboldt
- 2012: Nex-Tech, Inc. - Lenora
- 2011: AuBurn Pharmacy, Inc. - Garnett
- 2010: Landoll Corporation - Marysville
- 2009: BTI Greensburg - Greensburg
- 2008: Crossland Construction Company - Columbus
- 2007: Black & Veatch - Overland Park
- 2006: ICM - Colwich
- 2005: Watco Companies - Pittsburg
- 2004: Shelton Collision Repair - Derby
- 2003: Epic Touch Company - Elkhart
- 2002: Steel & Pipe Supply Company - Manhattan
- 2001: Capitol Federal Savings Bank - Topeka
- 2000: Olathe Health Systems - Olathe
- 1999: Midwest Energy, Inc. - Hays
- 1998: Taylor Forge Engineered Systems, Inc. - Paola
- 1997: Gates Rubber Company - Iola
- 1996: Koch Industries - Wichita
- 1995: Calibrated Forms, Inc. - Columbus