KSBDC Riddle of the Exporter Training
The Riddle of the Exporter seminar is a daylong interactive training program aimed at helping potential and existing exporters sell to the 95 percent of the world's consumers who are outside the United States. Topics include:
- Key elements to export in a step-by-step process;
- How to use government resources to determine the best market and market entry strategy;
- Legal points to consider in sales contracts and intellectual property protection;
- How to determine if an export license is needed;
- International shipping and best practices;
- How to mitigate risk through payment procedures and financing;
- Why cultural communications and negotiations are critical.
Detailed information and training schedule can be found on KSBDC’s website. Twenty funding opportunities will be made available to eligible small businesses. Each participating company will receive up to $150 toward training cost in the form of post-activity reimbursement.
The ExporTech training is a national export assistance program helping companies enter or expand in global markets. Furthermore, it is the only national program that helps eligible manufacturing companies formulate written export plans. The training program efficiently connects manufacturing companies with a wide range of world-class experts to help navigate the export sales process. The result is that companies rapidly expand global sales and save countless hours of effort. Detailed information and training schedule can be found on MAMTC’s website. Twelve funding opportunities will be made available to eligible small businesses. Each participating company will receive up to $500 toward training cost in the form of post-activity reimbursement.
Individual Participation in Export Training
Funding assistance will be provided to twelve eligible small businesses to take part in export seminars and training courses offered by our federal and local resource partners throughout the grant year for company personnel to enhance skills and abilities to export products/services. Resource partners include the Small Business Administration Kansas City District Office and Wichita District Office, U.S. Commercial Service Kansas City Office and Wichita Office, Kansas Small Business Development Center, World Trade Center Kansas City, International Trade Council of Greater Kansas City, Kansas Global Trade Services, and World Trade Council of Wichita. Each participant will receive up to $50 toward training cost in the form of post-activity reimbursement.
Discover Global Markets
The Discover Global Markets Business Forum Series (DGM) is designed to help U.S. businesses expand sales, penetrate new markets, and boost their bottom line through exports. At each DGM conference, participating companies will:
- Meet one-on-one with U.S. Commercial Diplomats visiting from abroad;
- Participate in panel discussions on the latest industry trends;
- Identify new and emerging markets of opportunity ahead of the competition;
- Learn about U.S. export programs designed to cut company’s time to market;
- Network with U.S. trade officials, leading private sector experts and like-minded U.S. businesses active in overseas markets.
Ten funding opportunities will be made available to eligible small businesses. Each participating company will receive up to $225 in assistance toward the DGM program in the form of post-activity reimbursement.